This is old but still working dupe method... anyway that method is really hard
8 Player Dupe:
What you will need:
1) 8 chars, call them C1-C8 for the time being. (More chars create more certainty)
2) A method for creating server-lag (this is optional, but timing is more imperative if this is not provided)
3) A method for causing a game-server crash.
First a little background:
When a character leaves a game, the game server saves all characters present in that game. This cannot and does not happen concurrently (all at once) ... it happens sequentially.
Assume for the sake of argument that there are 8 players in a game, and player 3 leaves... the game will first save player 3 (the leaving player) and will then save players 1 - 8 (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, in order.
This method revolves around the idea of causing the game server to crash part-way through this save cycle, and thusly causing some of the characters in the game to save, and others to not save.
For best results, the method should be carried out as follows:
1) Players C1 - C7 all join a game in order, C7 should be holding the items to dupe and C2 - C6 should all have inventory + stash + cube full of 1x1 items. (this is to cause the processing overhead for saving each character to be maximized)
2) C8 joins a game on the same server.
3) C7 drops the items to be duped.
4) C1 picks them up.
5) The server-lag method is used to eat server-side processor cycles. Enough lag to crash the server or desync it is NOT required at this point in time, just enough lag to cause a near-desync and substantial action-delay.
6) C8 stands ready to perform the server crash on a pre-established automated trigger.
7) C1 leaves the game and C8 IMMEDIATELY performs the server crash (using the MSD module. This should be done using a trigger, or even better using a clientless bot to send the relevant packets immediately C1 sends the game-leave packet.
Tada... if the server was lagged enough, and C2 - C6 have inventories sufficiently full of 1x1 junk, you have now duped. C1 will save and C7 will roll back.
Server-side observed symptoms of the use of this dupe method and derivative methods are a period of unusual lag, followed by a sudden server crash.
Most accidental rollback dupes happen via a process similar to this, and this method has been used by some fairly large item suppliers for some time now. It's pretty much unpatchable without a total reworking of several key elements of the game architecture... which isn't going to happen.
The lag method is the msd module and the game crashing method is the trigger module.
Buy Diablo 2 Cd Keys, FRESH from BOX!
Diablo 2 Newsletter
Questions, ideas, problems, wishes?
Be informed whenever something new comes up
(or any important problems are fixed.).
You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time.
24 Apr 2008, 08:28
blablabla, its fake. TIP: You can dupe only runes.
TIP2: Search for one side bugs(1player, char bugs), no crash and rollback(game).
TIP3: there is none stupid duper for boring methods that takes 1-2h.
TIP4: Use your brain and try your ideas in the game even when its stupid.
I'm SURE that even smart or very stupid kid can find it, coz its rly simple. :)
PROOF: d2 shops.
24 Feb 2008, 09:43
Wow so this seems like it should still work right? If only i had d2 loader and 6 more cd keys :P
17 Feb 2008, 22:03
i really think that this has got to be one of the few dupe methods that works...
14 Mar 2007, 18:04
hehe,there is! even after new era now in feb. I think d2 have become to rediculous,with noobs played for 2 weeks have gg items.So i quit. leaving gg info. add to your msn. seems like the dude there has sum skills in d2 and runescape. he lays out pk lists, clan lists, metods, item sale,item trades, conects people and so on. most off best d2 players i know is there.
21 Dec 2006, 00:42
why the hell eight people. WHEN THE HELL IS THERE GOING TO BE A METHOD WITH ONLY ONE FUCKING PERSON TO DUPE IT
12 Nov 2006, 08:23
Nice, now all we need is someone with 10+ years of coding knowledge who also has access to battle.net server code and this can be done easily!
How are we going to get those things again? ^_^