Exploiting the Reliability of Screenshots get a Godly Torch by
Okay folks, with this guide you will be able to trade your 10/10 zon torch for a
19+/19+ any class torch. :) I don't think there is another guide for this posted
anywhere. I also don't think too many people have ever thought to do this. I've
done this more than once and it's worked without a hitch everytime. Basicly what
your doing is exploiting the belief that if someone recieves a screen shot of
your 'torch', it's 'proof' that you have what you say. Here's what to do:
1) Use Zonfire and create a character with the same class, Name and Gear as the
one who will be trading the torch (I find a level 1 character to be the easiest).
2) In your inventory, along with charms (again, if it's a level 1 'mule' you
wont have any charms), make a 20/20 torch and place it along the far right of
your inventory. Remember that if you're trading for a barb torch, don't make
your torch a barb torch or obviously someone will know that it's a scam.
3) Take a screen shot with your mouse over the torch so it's displaying the
4) Open up the screen shot that you took with MS paint and just leave it for
later. This will be screenshotA.
5) Go on Bnet and make a game or join trade channel to advertise (tell them "I
GOT EVEN GOT SCREEN SHOTS!!!").
6) Once you get the offer that you want, make a private game with them. Make
sure that your torch is in the same place as it was on single player mode.
7) Usually what happens at this point is you both take a screenshot of your
torches and email them to eachother (with both players in the screen as to 'authenticate'
it :)). Let him do whatever he wants to get into the screenshot, it wont matter.
Take the screenshot. This will be screenshotB.
8) Now quickly open up screenshotB from your Diablo II folder with MS Paint.
9) Go to screenshotA and copy [b]ONLY THE RIGHT HALF[/b] of the screenshot.
10) Go to screenshotB and paste it into the right side. Save.
11) Email the 'modified' screenshotB to the other person.
12) You both drop torches, win your prize.
The best part about this is that no matter what your inventory looks like in
both screenshots, if the torch is placed in the same spot, the copy/paste wont
make the picture look fake at all (even though it's still hanging over to the
left side of the screen a bit).
Another benefit to doing this (especially if you have a 10/10 torch) is that you
can't lose. Even if whoever you're trying to scam has a garbage torch, you still
have a torch to scam the next chump with.
Have fun :)
Diablo 2 Newsletter
Questions, ideas, problems, wishes?
Be informed whenever something new comes up
(or any important problems are fixed.).
You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time.