A guide on the new quest. (keys, monsters, etc.) by Lacuna_Coil
OK, here is a little guide I wrote up for anyone who has attempted, or is
about to attempt, the new quest.
Were do I get all the keys?
1. There are THREE keys. Hate, which is dropped by the Countess (act 1),
Destruction, which is dropped by the Summoner (act 2), and Terror, which is
dropped by Nihlathlak (act 5).
2. When you have acquired all the keys, go to act 5, and then transmute them.
3. A Red Portal will open, and it will take you to Lilith, Uber Duriel or Uber
4. They will drop: Diablo's Horn (Lilith) , Eye of Baal (Uber Duriel), and
Mephisto's Brain (Uber Izual).
5. Collect all THREE reagents, and transmute them in act 5.
6. A Red Portal will open to 'Tristram' with all of the Uber Monsters + ALL
THREE Uber Bosses: Uber Diablo, Uber Mephisto, and Uber Baal.
- The bosses have minions that they constantly summon, and have very fast life
regeneration. Think Blood Raven.
- A well rounded team that can do fairly decent damage should be able to handle
- A Summon Necromancer is a good blocker. They can summon fairly lots of minions,
which will keep the monsters occupied while the high damage dealers (Hammerdins,
Sorceress', etc.) can whack away at them.
- Take them one by one. Uber Mephisto is worst of them, he is Lightning
Enchanted, and requires a fair bit of Lightning Resist. He also has a nasty aura
that gives -100 resistance. If you are a Paladin, or have a Paladin in the
party, it is necessary to have Salvation.
- You must kill all of the bosses, and the last boss that you kill (lets say
Uber Mephisto) will drop the Hellfire Torch, and the "Standard of Heroes*".
- Hammerdins, Zealots, and Smiters can solo this quest, but you MAY have a hard
time with it. Hammerdins have a really hard time with Tristram I'm told. And,
Smiters can kill the bosses a bit better then the other two, but will have a
hard time with the minions, because there a wee bit slow. Also, it should be
noted, that WW Barbarians can supposedly do Tristram solo, too.
Hellfire Torch Stats:
+3 to a random class-skill (thanks everyone for correcting me)
10-20% Resist All
+10-20 to All Attributes
Light Radius +8
25% Chance to cast level 10 Firestorm (Diablo's Firestorm, it's huge)
Charged Skill: Level 30 Hydra (10 charges)
1. As far as I know, this does NOT work in Single Player, sorry to all you
people who play Single Player.
2. There is supposedly a 1/34 chance the keys will drop. So just keep on trying
3. This quest is only doable in Hell Mode only.
4. Here is stats of Lilith:
Uber Bosses STATS
also see that screen
- some1 took it from arreat summit and made a screen but they removed file from
server, it was before patch 1.11 was released
* "Standard of Heroes" Just shows that you have complete the quest, however,
there are other theories.
Diablo 2 Newsletter
Questions, ideas, problems, wishes?
Be informed whenever something new comes up
(or any important problems are fixed.).
You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time.